Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Libation of the Day: Glenfarclas 25 year old



Name: Glenfarclas 25 year old


Brand:  Glenfarclas


Country/Region of Origin: Scotland

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat

Description: A 25-year old Speyside single malt

Flavor:  Sherry, oak
 
Mouth-feel: Clean, effervescent, sublimate

Aroma: Strong sherry

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

The Glenfarcas was good and definitely something I wouldn't pick up on my own.  But it was light on the tongue and seemed to linger on my palate for a while.  Sherry and oak dancing around my mouth.   

No comments:

Post a Comment