Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Libation of the Day: Yoichi Single Malt


Name: Yoichi


Brand: Nikka


Country/Region of Origin: Hokkaido

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat AND room temperature with a dash of water

Description: A non-age Japanese Whisky

Flavor:  Sweet, peaty, fruity AND Sweeter, smoky, fruity
 
Mouth-feel: Clean, sparkling

Aroma: Oak, fresh moss 

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

The Yoichi was good, and my first Japanese whisky.  It was a bit wild on the palate, but the flavors mixed nicely in my mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment