Monday, December 14, 2015

Libation of Day: Balvenie Single Barrel Sherry Cask 15 Year Old


Name: Balvenie Single Barrel Sherry Cask 15 Year Old

Brand: The Balvenie


Country/Region of Origin: Dufftown, Scotland 

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: A Speyside Single-malt aged in one Sherry cask

Nose: Apples, citrus, ginger and oak

Palate: Caramel, rummy, spice cake, ginger
 
Finish: Plums and chocolate

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

I love The Balvenie.  It was one of my go-to Poker drinks.  I have never gotten my mitts on any of their specialty bottlings.  This whisky is scrumptious.  It's like drinking a plum pudding.  Spicy and fruity and warm as summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment