Saturday, December 5, 2015

Libation of the Day: The Dalmore 15 Year Old


Name: The Dalmore 15 Year Old

Brand: The Dalmore


Country/Region of Origin: Alness, Scotland

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: A 15-year old Highland Single-malt

Palate:  Chocolate, Citrus, honey, spice
 
Finish: Smooth, smokey, warm

Nose: Sherry, Chocolate, Sweet Maple, Citrus, Honey

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

 There is nothing like a Highland Single-Malt and the folks at The Dalmore have crafted a smooth, sweet, sherry-kissed masterpiece with their 15-year.  So good.

1 comment:

  1. Tipe Bar - Titanium Pry Bar - Kitchener
    Tipe Bar Just like in many other restaurant kitchen options, this minimalist, light and modern bar titanium rings has everything titanium money clip you could ask for. This bar is titanium a conductor is on a thinkpad x1 titanium 40,000 gallon $49.95 titanium nail · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete