Monday, December 14, 2015

Libation of the Day: Monkey Shoulder Blended Scotch Whisky



Name: Monkey Shoulder Blended Scotch Whisky



Country/Region of Origin: Dufftown, Scotland

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: A blend of three Speyside whiskies (Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Kininvie)

Nose: Cream, cocoa, vanilla, citrus

Palate: Cream, berry, citrus, caramel

 
Finish: Smooth, ginger, citrus

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

These blended whiskies are tasty.  Considering the pedigree of this blend, it had to taste wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment