Saturday, December 5, 2015

Libation of the Day: Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon 12 Year Old


Name: Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon 12 Year Old



Country/Region of Origin: Bardstown, Kentucky

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: A Bourbon Whiskey from the Elijah Craig

Palate:  Oak, apples and spices
 
Finish: Tight, long and warm

Nose: Oak, malty, creamy

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

Ah, bourbon, my ancient enemy.  This is not Wild Turkey, my friend.  This is a creamy and sweet treat that will warm you on an Advent Eve.  There are a number of Elijah Craig whiskies and I may just try them all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment