Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Libation of the Day: Caol Ila 12 year old


Name: Caol Ila 12 year old

Brand: Caol Ila


Country/Region of Origin: Port Askaig, Isle of Islay

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: A 12 year old Islay Scotch whisky

Nose: Peat and oak

Palate: Smoke, sweet oil

 
Finish: Peat, smoke, spiky and grassy notes

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

OK, the oily peaty smokey thing isn't doing it for me.  I will stick with old vanilla Bowmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment