Monday, December 14, 2015

Libation of the Day: Arran - Batch 4



Name: Arran - Batch 4



Country/Region of Origin: Isle of Arran, Scotland

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: An unconventional Single Malt

Nose: Spice cake, vanilla, cream

Palate: Citrus, malt

 
Finish: Orange blossoms

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

Tasty, complex, creamy and fruity, but the spikey finish didn't do it for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment