Saturday, December 19, 2015

Libation of the Day: The Girvan Patent Still Proof Strength


Name: The Girvan Patent Still Proof Strength



Country/Region of Origin:  Richmond, Surrey, UK

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat

Description: Single grain Scotch whisky from the Girvan Patent Still range, presented at 57.1% ABV. Despite its higher strength, this single grain retains its mellow, creamy vanilla and vibrant citrus notes that other expressions from the range exhibited.

Nose: Vanilla, bananas and honey

Palate: Vanilla cream, pepper, citrus peel

 
Finish: Sweet, peppery, sunshine

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.

At 114-proof, this stuff is pretty potent.  But man, does it taste good.  Sweet as candy.  Something to keep you warm when the snow falls.


No comments:

Post a Comment