Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Libation of the Day: Fettercairn Fior


Name: Fettercairn Fior



Country/Region of Origin: 

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat

Description: A peated whiskey aged in Bourbon barrels.

Nose: Smoke, peat, honey

Palate: Cocoa, peat, citrus

 
Finish: Citrus, nutty, smoke

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.


This whisky was good, with a nice flavor profile, but a bit too smokey, too peaty on the nose and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment