Monday, December 14, 2015

Libation of the Day: Tullamore DEW 12 Year Old Special Reserve Blended Whiskey


Name: Tullamore DEW 12 Year Old Special Reserve Blended Whiskey



Country/Region of Origin: Tullamore, Ireland

Tasting Conditions: Room temperature, neat 

Description: A Triple-distilled blended Irish whiskey

Nose: Cream with honey

Palate: Smooth, creamy, honey, fruity and smooth
 
Finish: Creamy smooth, oak, butter, caramel

Notes: So, I am back after an almost 2-year hiatus.  I bought a Whisky Advent Calendar from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram line.  I am pretty pedestrian in my single-malt choices (Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Dalwhinnie), so I decided to spend this holiday season trying new whiskies (and new wines, but I will post those after Christmas).  The advent calendar was pricey, but definitely cheaper than trying 25 whiskies at my local pub.  

Again, I don't drink a lot of Blended Whiskeys.  I don't drink a lot of Irish whiskeys, either.  I focused on Scotch and finding what I liked.  What I am discovering is the the blended whiskeys have less bite.  And if this is what an Irish whiskey can do, I will definitely be trying more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment