Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cheese of the Week: Buttercup Cheese, Inc.

It's not often that I get to lend a hand to people making a product that I really enjoy.  Two week's ago, I stopped by to purchase a few cheeses at the Syracuse regional market.  Now, as I have mentioned, most of the cheeses in Central New York are cheddars or flavored cheeses.  One of the tables had a huge variety of cheeses, with cheddars of all ages (I grabbed a divine 8-year), but they promised that they had a nice selection of cheeses back at their store in Central Square.  I like going to Central Square, just north of Syracuse, for Alaura's Bakery (she makes the BEST macaroons anywhere on Earth).  So I stopped by the Buttercup Cheese store and I was delighted to find a variety of fresh curd and aged cheddars, along with cheeses and delicacies from Central New York.  I spoke with the owner and she told me that they were selling a special cheddar this year in honor of the brave souls who protested through 2011 and 2012.  This "Protester Cheddar" would be sold to raise funds to update their production facility and retail outlet.

So, if you like high quality New York Cheddar and you want to help promote a small business, click on the link below.  You can even add your own personal protest to the label.  Do a good turn and check them out.





Protester Cheddar












No comments:

Post a Comment