Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cheese of the week: Cave-aged Roquefort

Name: Cave-aged Roquefort

Brand: Societe des Caves

Place of Purchase: Wheatsfield Organic Co-op in Ames, Iowa

Country/Region of Origin: France

Price in Iowa: $29.07/lb.

Milk
: sheep's milk

Processing
: Sheep's milk and roquefort cultures, with cave-aging for at least 6 months

Texture
: soft

Color
: bone white and forest green

Rind
: natural

Aroma
: strong bleu and dairy

Taste
: Sharp bleu flavors followed by cool creamy notes.

Mouth feel
:
SUPER creamy
 
Notes:This cheese was so good that I forgot to take a picture.  Now, I love bleu cheeses.  If I had one type of cheese to eat for the rest of my life, it would be bleu.  This Roquefort is the best bleu cheese I have ever had.  Find it.  Buy it.  Share it if you have to, but even my wife didn't get any of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment